Thread: Poetic Justice
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2005, 11:35 AM

Default Poetic Justice

Playing at my usual Monday night bar tourney, we are down to the final three. BB - call him Bob - is short stacked and announces he's going to be all in blind (he's got 600, bb is 400). Dealer - call him Doofus - calls, and I call in the SB with J10. Flop comes out Q high and Doofus bets. I fold, Doofus and Bob show cards. Neither player has anything-dealer bluffed be out. Turn J, river 10. Bob wins with A high and triples up.

Now this is a pet peeve of mine and I politely tell Doofus what a bad play it is to bluff at a dry side pot. This is the ONLY thing I'll get on another player for. I don't care if you crack my aces with 72 os, but don't push other people out of a pot when someone has the opportunity to knock out an all-in player.

Next hand Bob's all-in again and Doofus doubles him up. The very next hand, Doofus doubles him up again.

To wrap this up, Doofus went from big stack with about 2/3 of all the chips in play, to even with Bob and myself in 3 hands. He ended up being knocked out by Bob about 5 hands after that.

Go figure.