View Single Post
Old 07-24-2005, 04:48 PM

Default Re: PLO8, yet another AA hand

Dave,

I think your point (about getting it through your thick skull not to chase a low) - is even more valid when you have an unprotected low, as emptyshell did here. He could have called those bets and then been counterfeited instantly.
Though it's always hard to lay down A, 2, and especially pocket Aces, when the board is not favoring you it's best to let them go. (And that's when, in my latest experiences the next card is an Ace, and then the board doubles). I've been trying to give a name to that tortuous feeling of watching mucked hands turn into huge winners. I don't care how appropriate the fold was, after a while it can be annoying!
For example the other day it kept happening over and over again and the final blow was when I mucked my last hand (which was: 3h, 5c, 8d, Js) but watched the dealer put down the flop, which was: Jh, Jd, 9x. As I started to leave I saw the turn: Jc. Quad Jacks, had I played the hand. Of course - what else would happen on a day like that. The next time I played the lady who had been sitting next to me told me that after I left the man who sat in my seat went on to make eight racks, one right after the other.
Oh well.