View Single Post
Old 07-23-2005, 04:36 PM

Default Re: O Doyle\'s Army - WE WANT YOU!

[ QUOTE ]
I don't want to win the war. I just want to make a lot of money...

A WSOP seat, for me, is nearly worthless unless I can sell it for cash.

Good luck. Great idea... for the pokersites... They get the rake, they get the publicity, they get the money...

I guess that if you also value a WSOP seat, then you also get an OK deal.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Baulucky,

I agree with you and would prefer a 12k cash bonus over a WSOP seat. The only problem with that scenario is with a cash bonus there is not much in it for the poker site. (at least the way I see it) When they give that much money away to affiliates at least from some of them they are getting creative marketing which is drving all sorts of players to their site.

The beauty of what I am describing is that there is a huge upside for the poker site which in turn might make such a deal attractive to them.

I can completely understand that the strongest of players might possibly not be attracted to this because they would consider their time more valuable.

However, I think there is a group of players out there who will find this type of deal very appealing to them. I think there is a large number of players that are playing a high volume of low limit poker online. (1-2 to 3-6) For these players this sort of deal might make a lot of sense to them.