Thread: Session review
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2005, 06:35 PM

Default Re: Session review

[ QUOTE ]

Hand 600214977 - 99 CO

What range are you putting UTG raiser on? Im dont think I like this fold without a read.
<font color="blue">TT-AA, AKo/AQo/AJo/ATs Big pairs/Broadways with 7% PFR maybe a few more that i've left out though.</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Even given that range you should call. If it ends up HU you are a 41-58 Dog but you have only put in 36% of the money. If the blinds call you are still in good shape equity wise. Sure you will have to fold oon the flop alot but a preflop call is borderline correct I think.

[ QUOTE ]

Hand 600217723 - 66 Button

I dont know if I like this fold, CO seems aggressive enough that with position and expecting it probably 5-way I think I call for set value with implied odds.

<font color="blue">Considered it and definalty would from BB, but SB seems to much to call. Hmmm tough one. </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

You were the button, from the blinds its still probably correct (especially considering you have already put money in) but with position I think this should be an easy call.

[ QUOTE ]

Hand 600272592 - A7o CO

Might consider raising this depending on the blinds, UTG limp means nothing as he has been raising with anything remotely decent.

<font color="blue">Blinds we're to loose to raise and limping this was horrible so i folded.</font>

And

Hand 600310437 - A8o Button

Consider raising w/ one limper depending on the blinds

<font color="blue">I tend to never raise AXo with 1limper. Without sure... </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

How loose the blinds are isn't nessecairly the concern, it is more how well they play post-flop. The looser they are the more likely you have the best hand.

As for not raisng AXo with 1 limper, consider it sometimes. Limpers generally suck. I think A8 and A7 are decent enough to do it occasionally. This will help you lossen up a little and get more aggressive. Not syaing you have to do it, but atleast begin considering it.

[ QUOTE ]

Hand 600300906 - ATs

Why do you not continuation bet the flop? You have the best hand a decent % of the time.
<font color="blue">Not sure, I figured not many would fold and a king would slowplay me. Infact im struggling to find a reason for this play, Error on my part i guess. mainly due to no one folding, but thats illlogical as i make cash when they don't fold! </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

You will have the best hand a decent % of the time. When you have the best if they don't fold that is good for you. Sure sometimes they will hit on the turn or river, but sometimes they wont. Sometimes you'll hit too.
If someone is slowplaying it will cost you a bet or two but in the long run you will gain more from picking these pots up than you will lose

Dopey [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]