Thread: Session review
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2005, 05:41 PM

Default Re: Session review

[ QUOTE ]
I have a hard time reviewing without knowing table condition (that is why I prefer videos), so if reads come into play my advice may change

I play $1/2 6max and can be a little too aggressive at times

Hand 600209067 - 66 UTG

I don't like the limp, I raise or fold (raise more than fold). HU vs. SB Flop 7 8 5, SB leads I prefer a raise rather than a call (maybe a call & raise turn sometimes).
You have a decent hand and a very good draw if behind plus the potential to take a free card on the turn.

<font color="blue">Yeah it should be a raise or fold, But getting 3bet or folding that hand both sucked. I have problems raising 22-77 and sometimes 88. Need to change this once i "settle down" </font>

Hand 600213127 - A7o SB

Might consider raising this instead of just calling.
3 way - SB, BB, Button (6SB) Flop 738 I think I lead this flop more often then not, I don't know if you planned to c/r the flop and noone bet. With the PFR to your left I prefer to bet and have him raise rather than trying to c/r and trap Button.

<font color="blue">I planned to Check/Call or check fold depending on what the other guy did. Didn't want to be raised by a bigger PP but i think i should have bet this. </font>

Hand 600214977 - 99 CO

What range are you putting UTG raiser on? Im dont think I like this fold without a read.
<font color="blue">TT-AA, AKo/AQo/AJo/ATs Big pairs/Broadways with 7% PFR maybe a few more that i've left out though.</font>

Hand 600217723 - 66 Button

I dont know if I like this fold, CO seems aggressive enough that with position and expecting it probably 5-way I think I call for set value with implied odds.

<font color="blue">Considered it and definalty would from BB, but SB seems to much to call. Hmmm tough one. </font>

Hand 600226769 - 73s BB

Questionable call preflop, Im not saying its wrong but its close. Bet the river.

<font color="blue">LOL, I actully meant to here(No bs). Just misclick. The preflop call yeah, BB/SB limps i need to check on as i tend to limp most Suited stuff from BB to 1raise and call SB unraised. </font>

Hand 600244454 - JTs SB

Don't like you post-flop line. CO is too aggressive, Im showing this down alot. I prefer a c/r flop line, lead turn if not 3-bet.

<font color="blue">Folding best hand, priceless eh!? When the passive(Infact fairly aggresive as he has high VPIP) bet and CO raised i thought i was behind big time. Hard fold, Was going to post this seperately actually. </font>

Hand 600272592 - A7o CO

Might consider raising this depending on the blinds, UTG limp means nothing as he has been raising with anything remotely decent.

<font color="blue">Blinds we're to loose to raise and limping this was horrible so i folded.</font>

Hand 600275122 - KJo BB

What about c/r the flop, or even maybe the turn depending on the CO. Nothing horrible about your line, just seems a little passive.

<font color="blue">Yeah i thought i was ahead in this hand from the turn, But didn't have a strong read(Notes wise, Not PT stats) to throw in another raise. Hes such a crazy guy i had him on a made hand here(Think he bet bluffs but when he raised he usually had something). Little did i know... </font>

Hand 600282597 - KJo UTG

Ugh. I don't like this at all. It may be closer than I make it sound but it just feels wrong. Either continuation bet or fold to the raise. I have a hard time explaining why I don't like calling this because it is close but I don't like it.
Easy call of one bet but the c/r concerns me even if it is from an extreme lag. The more I think about I think I sometimes play the same and I don't like when I play it that way.

<font color="blue">LOL, Tough hand hey? Yeah i had him on a total bluff as he's such a big LAG. When my jack fell on river obviously overcalls were perfect due to:
Potentially losing to better/Him bluffing &amp; Winning more from overcalls.</font>

Hand 600298415 - QQ UTG

Just curious as to what you would of done had BB checked? Think you play the hand fine.

<font color="blue">SB Checked? Hehe probably Checked then folded or called for one depending on how many back to me(Folding to a raise, Calling maybe 1 and wondering wtf they are calling with)</font>

Hand 600300906 - ATs

Why do you not continuation bet the flop? You have the best hand a decent % of the time.
<font color="blue">Not sure, I figured not many would fold and a king would slowplay me. Infact im struggling to find a reason for this play, Error on my part i guess. mainly due to no one folding, but thats illlogical as i make cash when they don't fold! </font>

Hand 600310437 - A8o Button

Consider raising w/ one limper depending on the blinds

<font color="blue">I tend to never raise AXo with 1limper. Without sure... </font>

Hand 600315376 - KQs Button

Did you consider raising the turn at all? I don't know what read you had on UTG but I probably raise folding to a 3-bet, and putting one bet in on the river if he just calls he turn raise. Its close but something to consider.

<font color="blue">yeah, i litrally hovered on the riase button because hes such a wierd lag. </font>

Overall a decent session. You are a little tighter than me and a little more passive. There are quite a few other hands I would have played slightly differently but I think the differences are close enough that I don't know whose approach would have been better.

Dopey [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="blue">yeah i'm tight, a bit to tight for 6max and 10max infact. I'm workong on my post flop then i'm adjusting my preflop play's and SB/BB plays/Steals. Seems a logical way to improve.

CHEERS ALL - MUCH APPRECIATED, Quite comforting not to see MAJOR misplays and the fact i considered pretty much all of the lines you've also considered. </font>