View Single Post
Old 03-26-2003, 01:47 PM

Default Re: Taming the wild Ass-Monkey

Raising MORE, is part of what I perceive to be the problem. Nobody else was raising in this particular game. I never go a chance to re-raise. Nobody raised me before or after when I was holding premium cards. Anybody else raised and it was heads-up or three handed and a bet on the flop by the pre-flop raiser took it down (hands I was not in on).

On the other hand, when I raised with my AKs UTG, the whole world called. Seven handed for two bets but no re-raises.

I think I don't play well after the flop. Last night didn't give me anything to build confidence on either. I honestly don't know whether I was outplayed last night or outsucked-out on (is that a word?) I mean, when everyone calls your raise and it's seven handed, that's got to be the same as playing in an unraised pot. Post-flop it was hard to tell where the strength was. I mean I watched a hand in which there were no raises pre-flop, the flop was AQQ and the guy holding AQo didn't bet until the river after others at the table had taken a shot at it.

I try to play 2+2. I've got a lot to learn.

I do know how to laugh when my AKs gets beat by KJo when a J hits the river though. Not tilting helps.

Rockfish