View Single Post
Old 12-24-2005, 01:31 AM

Default Re: 2 5/10 NL 6 max hands, I\'m turning into a LAG

ill go ahead and spell it out also so that you wont mislead any innocent bystanders who read your terrible analysis

semibluffing is great if the stack sizes allow for it, obviously its nice to have outs to hit if you are called, this is about the most obvious thing i have ever had someone try to argue with me about on here

what youre missing is IF the stack sizes are such that you WOULD be pot committed in raising a poor draw, ie getting 2-1 or better with an 8/9 outer, it is in fact better to have total air, thus you do not have to worry about the unhappy situation in which you call your stack off possibly drawing very very slim

this is in the book, anyone who carefully read it would know this

as you have been making posts to exclusively discuss the book it is fairly ridiculous youre unaware of this

if you continue to be obstinate i will likely fetch the book from my friend that is borrowing it, quote directly, and probably be very very brutal about it

btw you yourself say "a pot bet here is terrible because it commits hero to calling a cr"

if hero had air the pot bet would be highly superior, and it would be advantageous in that you would BE able to make that full pot bluff by having air, as its easy to take down the pot in that manner, as long as you arent committed with a draw

of course in general i would much rather be semibluffing than completely bluffing, i dont even really consider the semibluffing i do on a regular basis to BE bluffing, i often have the best hand

bluffing is something very different than semibluffing, but something the two concepts hold in common is that you shouldnt be calling off money while doing them, you should almost always be the final aggressor, as what makes the plays profitable is fold equity, fold equity, fold equity

btw what did tommy say?