View Single Post
Old 12-07-2005, 01:33 AM

Default Re: 5/10 VPIP major hole

[ QUOTE ]

1) A few weak players call in early and mid position. I am in cutoff with KTs. Do I raise? (ive been just calling)

[/ QUOTE ]

well if they are weak, and you have a read on the blinds. I'd do it once in a while. but i personally have this hate on for KT, suited or not. so i'll go with a 50/50, if you feel good about it and you are running good, definite raise.

[ QUOTE ]

Same question and now I have KQo (i usually call)

[/ QUOTE ]

this one goes upstairs. like 99% of the time. if any of them had a better hand, the would have raised already.

[ QUOTE ]

2) I have KJo on the button and there is one limper (I usually call)

[/ QUOTE ]

the bachelor hand. easy raise. every single time. against a single limper, one raise, the blinds clear, limper calls. flop comes XXX, limper checks, you bet, limper folds.

[ QUOTE ]

3) I have A2s and there are 4 limpers (I usually call)

[/ QUOTE ]
it seems i never have these situations with 4 limpers and me in position with A2s. call and hope to see the right suit on the flop.

[ QUOTE ]

4) I have 44 on the button and it is folded to me (I usually fold)

[/ QUOTE ]
read on the blinds would help. if you have a read on them as weak tight or people who fold to steals. take it upstairs. this is a definite raise/fold situation. if you feel good about your postflop play, a raise is definite +ev

[ QUOTE ]

5) I have QTs UTG (I usually call)

[/ QUOTE ]
table dependent. if its a VPIP 25+ i am calling. if its a tight table, i am folding. if my hate for KT is bad, I hate QT even more.

[/ QUOTE ]

I see a lot of weak tight players not value betting lots. but i think i fall into that zone about 70% of the time also.

it would seem that you dont attempt to steal the blinds often enough, if ever. and that your raising standards whether it be open raising or raising with limpers is extremely tight. you'd be surprised how one raise preflop can dictate the rest of the hand. people play differently if there is a raise preflop, some become tigher, and others just get worse. throw a few raises, watch how people respond to boards, make notes of any weaknesses, and exploit next orbit round.