View Single Post
Old 11-14-2005, 06:36 PM

Default Re: nfl mnf 11/14 GOY

[ QUOTE ]
I believe the loss of Hank Fraley is a huge factor.

[/ QUOTE ]

Definitely has the potential to be a factor. Whether it's HUGE or not remains to be seen, but it's never a good injury when your starting center over the last few years is out.

[ QUOTE ]
I also believe Philly is going to be distracted by the media circus around the TO story.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think so - if you're talking about CURRENTLY distracted, that is. They've already been distracted - they've been distracted the whole season - they were distracted when they won, and they were distracted when they lost. I don't think this is too big of a factor here (last week's game much more than this week's game i think)

[ QUOTE ]
I respect you, i respect your contributions to this forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not entirely sure why, but thanks. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I enjoy reading your analysis on games, and even though there are some games I don't agree with, I think there is something to be said for someone who takes time to dissect each game like you do.

[ QUOTE ]
But over long years of handicapping i've disciplined myself to keep emotion out of betting regarding teams I like, and i'm just curious if you're doing the same here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been at it for many years myself. I'm not a stats guy, number cruncher, trend whore, square, sharp, bookie, etc. I make my picks, and I roll with 'em. If I make a pick and the game plays out in the manner in which I capped it, and the play loses, ohwell. If I make a pick and the game is the exact opposite of the manner in which I capped it, and the play wins, ohwell. I don't really do mega-science percentages like others on this board and elsewhere (which in many places automatically qualifies me as a square, shrug), so if and when I bet on my own team against my better judgement, well, that should be taken by others at their own risk.

A lot of picks are like that on this board and others - you never know where someone stands when they are capping a game, in terms of rooting interests. I've been up front from day one about who I'm rooting for in every sport when discussing a game. Does that set me up for a lot of flack from everyone else? Sure it does - but I'm a Philly guy, and really could give a fuc[/i]k what anyone else says. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
In fact, if I were as big a Philly fan as you, I'd consider an emotional hedge here

[/ QUOTE ]

My emotional hedge will be handled with about 15 pitchers of Lager, give or take. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]