Thread: Greed at 20-40
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2005, 03:56 PM

Default Greed at 20-40

Playing a very passive 20-40 game at the Mirage and let greed totally blind my judgement. Most flops were seen for a single bet 4 or 5 handed. My cards were exceptionally poor but I was winning on the few hands that I had played when I picked up an A9s. Looked great at the time. I was in middle position and limped 1st in. There were two callers before the BB who raised (The sb folded). He had played sound tite so probably had a premium hand. Everyone called so we saw the flop of A 9 9 rainbow 4 handed. As I was counting all the money I was going to make on this flop the BB checked as did I and everyone else. Was this my third mistake? The turn was a J and now my hand was the 4th nut. I just called when the BB bet the turn because I didn't want my "customers" behind to fold. Another huge mistake only in part because they folded anyway. When the BB bet the river K I decided to come alive and raise. I also called the 3 bet and quietly mucked to Kings full. The quiet part may have been the only proper thing that I did the whole hand. Greed is bad - how can I remember that?