View Single Post
Old 11-04-2005, 11:28 AM

Default Re: Got called a moron, but who is the real moron?

Obviously, this is not the standard way to play this hand. This should usually be folded against the first raise on the flop. I posted this hand, because I think my line is unusual and turned out to be extremely +EV in this particular situaiton. The key is the number of players in the pot. I don't think people realize that top set has at least about 30% equity on almost all flops (except flops with 3 low cards), so if you can get all in 3 way you are going to be very neutral EV wise at worst, but can make for some great advertising as I admit that this does look like a bit of a sucker play on the surface. I think the push when the action comes back to me was obviously correct and that in fact the 2 morons with nothing but nut low draws clearly should have folded. Had this happened, I get supermoron's minraise and end up seeing a more than $24.00 pot to the river for 3 dollar's with around 30% equity.

By the way Phil, you know my screen name, and you are welcome to come play with me whenever you like.