View Single Post
Old 10-19-2005, 07:56 PM

Default Re: Results

[ QUOTE ]
I did something none of you expected. I bet 3500 on the flop and folded to a push. If I check the flop I think I'm comitting myself to play a big pot because I need to call a big bet on the turn and river if he makes them, and it can get very hard to do that depending on what cards come since there are a lot of ugly looking ones. If I check the flop, I dont really see a benefit to raising the turn as opposed to calling and tempting him into bluffing again. As for not calling the flop push, its close but Im crushed by a K, which he plays this way close to 100% of the time here. While Im way ahead of 9s there just arent that many hands he can have with a 9 in it. And of the flush draws the vast majority are really only 3:2 dogs to me as they have some overcard. Given how close it was (if we were to do the math I dont think a call is more than marginally +EV at best) I decided to fold as my stack was still quite healthy in the middle of the pack, and I was very comfortable at my table. See, I'm not a complete calling station.

[/ QUOTE ]

nh