View Single Post
Old 07-14-2005, 02:44 PM

Default Re: 20-40 commerce...hand reading excercise

[ QUOTE ]
i straddle and four players call, i check w/66.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know this isn't the point of your post, but I may try to steal the straddled limps if they just limp to my option.
[ QUOTE ]
i'm not so much asking for advice in this hand as i am posting this because i think its a good excercise for hand reading.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I really dont like the flop call. It;s a 5 way pot so I guess you're putting him on a semibluff into 4 opponents a large enough % to merit a call down approach... I dont like it. Just fold the flop.

As for hand reading...

He acts first so I assume he's in the blinds, so it doesn't make sense for him to jsut over call the straddle with an overpair (or for that matter, probably TT) so big / mid pairs are out.

Flop sure hand range is 33,55. Or perhaps A3d, in the blinds maybe two random diamonds, since you have 2 sixes 64 is unlikely. I dont see a pure bluff (completely weird cards here) at all leading into a straddled pot for 3/4 pot with that many opponents. Of course he could have Tx also, so we'll say AT to T7 for now.

He leads the turn 800 into ~1000, so it seems he's protecting a hand (would a turned set/quads bet that much? I dont think so) or firing 2nd barrel semibluff. I'd weight top pair more, then flush draw, then odd straight/gut, lastly 5s full or quads. Trips are now possible, too.

I dont like your turn call, either, if you want to play, raise to fold Tx.

His river bet, though, sorta gives away his hand, Tx doesn't bet there and quad 5s or 3s are so unlikely his most likely hand is busted flush. Given how you got here you should call.

It's worth mentioning he may have 3s full of 5s, but a bluff is a huge %, so I like a river call.

ALSO

[ QUOTE ]
let me also say for what its worth, that on each street i thought for a little bit before acting, which may help elucidate the range of hands villian puts me on.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont think he has the NFD then, he may be playing the board. NH, but fold the flop next time.