View Single Post
Old 06-19-2005, 05:49 PM

Default Bluff raising the river

The initial raise preflop was to attempt to get heads up with the limper who was extremely loose and played awful heads up. The preflop three better was a TAG over a fairly large sample size, so I could safely put him on a decent hand. Anyways, my image to this point has to be pretty loose and aggressive, as I've been getting good hands and attempting to isolate against loose players, with fairly good results. Anyways, once he checks the turn, I was almost one hundred percent certain he was on high cards. I took the free card looking for my gutshot or one of my overcards, but after that missed, I felt as though raising the river against a thinking TAG might get him to throw away a big ace which had me beat. Is this a decent play, or is the check behind on the turn enough weakness that most players will call me down with a hand such as ace high?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG folds, Hero calls, SB calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, SB calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks.

River: (6.50 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>...