View Single Post
Old 04-15-2005, 05:08 PM

Default Re: Marginal Hand #4 Playing a passive table (TURN)

[ QUOTE ]
No, I don't agree with them. The pot is already protected from someone who has a single overcard to a pair of 9's and a single club, assuming no one has an ace. They are wrong to call a single bet. A hand like K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] X has only about 3 outs, getting at the very best 10:1, and that's assuming that no one has an A. I think you want them calling, because they are making a mistake to do so. Any of your J "outs" you claim to be buying with your raise are worth nowhere near a whole SB.

There aren't really any hands here that'd be correct to call one bet, but wrong to call two.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this. If I knew that a bunch of people would call two cold, then yeah sure I would raise the flop for value. But at least in my experience even Party .5/1 fish can usually find the fold button if it's two bets to them and they missed the flop.

With my huge draw, I want to give people an excuse to hang around, so I don't want to make them have to call two cold on the flop.

If somebody raises, I'll probably 3-bet depending on exactly how the action plays out, but I don't really want to drive anybody out of the pot at this point.

Also, the turn bet is a clear error, but that's already been established.