View Single Post
Old 04-14-2005, 04:20 PM

Default Re: New OK room open

I didn't ask about the rake, but from what I could tell, it looked to be 10% up to $5. I know they were taking the first dollar at $10 and I know that they biggest rake I saw was $5, so I assume that's how it worked.

On average, I'd say there were probably at least 5 or 6 people to the flop. This changed as people came and went. One hand was either straddled or just raised UTG (I forget which, but 2 bets cold either way) and I was the only one to fold preflop. On my biggest pot, 7 people saw the flop for 2 bets. About half dropped on the flop and it was just me and one more to the river. That hand was worth $80 after I flopped a set.

The players were pretty good about tipping the dealers a buck on most of the pots, with the exception of the old guy I mentioned in my other post. He won several pots and was probably up $100 and didn't tip the dealer on any of those pots. Some of the guys were talking about how he wouldn't ever tip the dealer. I don't know if he heard them or what, but as soon as we changed dealers, he tipped $2 on his first pot. Didn't notice whether he was tipping after that.

There was one guy there that straddled 3 times (and lost on all of them). I didn't mind since I wasn't in the blinds and I had poor hands every time he did this. There were also a couple more straddles while I was there. On one hand, a guy straddled, the guy next to him wanted to restraddle to 8, and the guy next to him wanted to restraddle to 16. I was next and they were asking me to go 32. They were informed that they could not do this, but they did cap the betting preflop. Most hands, this had little effect on the number of people seeing the flop.