View Single Post
Old 07-20-2005, 05:19 PM

Default A couple of thoughts on re: the 2+2 tables

I am used to playing with a bankroll that a night of loosing my shirt at .5/1 will hardly make a dent. I'm not trying to dis anyone here, but if you are in a monetary situation where you can't afford this fiscally or emotionally, then it's probably wise to aviod Party tables where you are not playing "for real." Back when I barely had a .5/1 roll, and certainly when I was still at the nanos, I wanted to play the 2+2 game, but knew I did not have the roll.

Nothing can have you bleeding chips more than LAGing it up. This is independent of whether other players are LAGing too. I do have a constructive suggestion: Pokerstars nanolimit games.

Personally, I think it's fun to bring your A game to a type of poker you are not as familar with -- Omaha Hi-lo, 7Cs 8 or better split, the weirder the better.

The idea that the 2+2 table has to be "LAG" is not true IMO. Sometimes I Lag it up there, but other times I bring my A game. I personally think it's fun to play real poker too against good players, and it's certainly good practice. Occassionally I remember former micro posters moving up to 10/20 or 15/30 and celebrating by saying "come take my money -- I'm drunk" at a .5/1 table. And we would.

Okay, that's it I guess for now. Have a nice day.