View Single Post
Old 10-11-2005, 01:10 PM

Default Re: Fold AAxxss preflop fold vs. other \"big\" hands??

[ QUOTE ]
when other european players could easily point it out if not true, despite your snide insinuations to the contrary.

[/ QUOTE ]
You’re exaggerating a little bit here buddy – I don’t actually see how other players could easily point this out. I don’t know if he is or isn’t a big money winner, nor do I care. I just don’t like hearing the ‘I know everything about PLO, I win loads of money, aren’t I the greatest’ theme trotted out regularly. Maybe you’re different but it’s my nature to be a little more humble about such matters. I don’t have any objection to him promoting his writings, I’m just not into all this self-praise thing.

AND, I really did not know he was writing a book until I looked at his site earlier today.

[ QUOTE ]
It should be obvious that any author has to promote himself to keep in business.

[/ QUOTE ]
I won’t repeat myself.

[ QUOTE ]
such self-promotion is only inappropriate if it is constant

[/ QUOTE ]
I had to reread this one. It sounds very weighty but I think it’s an inaccurate statement.

[ QUOTE ]
or if it is based on untrue statements, of which you have given zero proof

[/ QUOTE ]
I didn’t make any untrue statements. Stop trying to take the high moral ground.

I said already that Slotboom knows his Omaha. It would be nice however if he could acknowledge his mistakes like the rest of us.