View Single Post
Old 10-11-2005, 11:01 AM

Default Re: Fold AAxxss preflop fold vs. other \"big\" hands??

I didn't comment on this thread earlier but since it got bumped will now. I believe that Big Dave's read of what the other players is correct, but that Rolf's point regarding the stack sizes in this situation is what is important. I have folded AA online 2 or 3 times with a deep stack facing other deep stacks especially when a maniac with one is in actin and I had something like AA73r in bad position. But with these small stacks even if 1 other player showed me his AA I am reraising allin in this particular situation since the OP did have a flush draw albeit lessesned by the 3rd heart, and because of the possibilities of making an idiot straight that will often be good or a low board set. Sure it would be nice if a short stack has the other AA and you can win a decent sidepot against a 3rd player, but with only 100bb I'm just shoving this in. In a max buyin structure like online, a lot of your earn comes from building a stack and doubling off another big stack. This looks like a good situation even with a read that you have virtually no chance of making a set of As and that you will often split. And FWIW, 3 way against stronlgy suspected aces, I am occasionally shoving something like the hand Rolf mentioned, JT9x as well with only my original buyin at stake.

To 45player: even if Rolf is tooting his own horn, there is no reason not to believe his stated results when other european players could easily point it out if not true, despite your snide insinuations to the contrary. It is your own comments which are unecessary. It should be obvious that any author has to promote himself to keep in business, and such self-promotion is only innapropriate if it is constant, which it is not here in these forums (his website is HIS website after all), or if it is based on untrue statements, of which you have given zero proof.