View Single Post
Old 11-20-2005, 11:17 PM

Default Re: Runsfeld Clears Things Up

<font color="blue">That ALONE is cause for re-invading and deposing the SOB. </font>

When you are part of the UN you have a responsibility to act WITH the UN unless an imminent threat is present.

And that's really what it's all about, isn't it? "Imminent Threat? I'm an armchair obvserver and I had enough sense to know that Saddam Hussein was NOT an imminent threat to myself, family, or fellow US citizens. Not for a while anyway. There was a little something ELSE I was kinda concenered about though. A group that calls themselves Al-Qada. THEY were an imminent threat! So what do we do?

We put the REAL threat Bin Laden on the side, squander the important good-will from previous unlikely nations due to 9-11, create a recruiting boom for our enemy that they couldn't have dreamed possible, created BAD will amongst almost everyone, and mired ourselves in an unwinnable war at the cost of billions of dollars and thousands of US soldier's lives!

Yes, Saddam needed to be dealt with as do several other evil dictators, but this was like taking your eye off the mob in front of your house with torches and guns, and going after the kid with the squirt gun, because he's one of them and may grow up to hurt us at a later date.

I predict that this administration will go down as the most incompetent in history. They have literally turned me from a life long republican into a democrat. I'd vote for Mickey Mouse if it prevents another idiot like Bush from getting in. In fact, I'll bet Mickey's got a watch with a picture of George W Bush on it.