View Single Post
Old 09-11-2005, 12:49 AM

Default Re: WCOOP 500 PLHE Bustout Hand

[ QUOTE ]
Ok. A check/raise is definitley a different way to play this hand, but if we could, can we focus on how I played it, and if I can get away from it or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK,

You raise PF and then make a smallish bet on a draw heavy board into two opponents who cold called before the flop and have previously been playing tight. The first one calls This could mean nice draw (two over plus diamond) or very possibly a made hand that has you almost dead which would almost certainly not raise. I think this is either nut flush or AxAd. It would help to know his stack size here but a hand like 88,99 seems unlikely as those should raise if they play.

The player in the last position now raises. I think a fair amount of strength has been shown in front of him so I think a non made hand is unlikely unless it is specifically AdKx I'm thinking JJ or a set/strange small flush (again knowing the stack sizes would help).

Honestly this is a great spot to race in this huge pot and pick up a big stack around bubble time but I think you are crushed here too often, and you are almost never far ahead when you are. I likely lay this down.