View Single Post
Old 12-10-2005, 09:30 PM

Default Re: 15/30 going for the river bet/3-bet

[ QUOTE ]
I don't understand, what hand can the hero/villain have on this board that makes it a WA/WB? Exactly 88 for hero(maybe 99 as anything higher would be 3-bet pre-flop and the villain has a higher pp?) I don't think that this is a WA/WB board. I guess the villain could have 77 as well, but that's getting out there.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think this hand is anything close to WA/WB. And I also don't think any reasonably observant opponent would view it as a WA/WB scenario. That's why, when just trying to clarify what I though Spicymosse was misinterpreting about OP's post I said:

[ QUOTE ]
. . . using it here, if Villain is observant (but not observant enough to notice that he "used" the line in a 4-way flop) . . .

[/ QUOTE ]

I could have clarified that the board also doesn't lend itself to WA/WB even if HU, but I was really just trying to clarify that the OP wasn't thinking it was WA/WB -- I think he was supposing that Villain would likely remember Hero's C/C, C/C, bet line and that this would have some meta game benefits when Hero actually used the WA/WB line in the right situation.

I might C/R the river if the read of "super aggressive" includes virtually never checking behind on the river, but capable of raising a river donk with no more than a strong A or a big PP with an A on board, but I'd be more likely to bet this (and three-bet if given the chance).