View Single Post
Old 05-20-2005, 10:54 AM

Default Re: Playing bottom two...

You know the pre flop comments......
On the flop I like to bet bottom two strong, no time to slow play on a coordinated board. Show those guys you hit the board hard and price the draws out right away. If someone comes over the top depends on reads of wether or not they're tricky enough to do it with just the draw, but in most situations I'd let go of it to a raise. In this hand I woulda bet out 40 or 50 right away.
Turn I'd probably check fold given that a couple of likely draws just got there, and a good chance of your 2 pair being counterfitted by a higher 2 pair, as those late players luv them middle suited connectors (T-J and J-Q just smoked ya). If you were playing thinking a 9 on the river is giving you additional outs, they're at most to a likely split pot. Even if your 2 pair is still good, 2nd spade just made it vunerable to another possible draw on the river. Like I said, I'm check foldin here and picking a better spot. Also, depending on villian's read of you, checking might(although highly unlikely) get you a free card if villian puts you on another check raise attempt.
River card of Death, nothin to do but fold.
Main point, bet the flop.