View Single Post
Old 07-21-2005, 11:58 AM

Default Re: dumbest. question. ever. (preflop raise amount)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
In my opinion it doesnt really matter if you are raising 4BB, 3BB, 8BB, or whatever you please. The only thing that matter is to raise strongly with AA-QQ even 12xBB or more after 4+limpers. These are hands to make preflop money with.

Best wishes

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree entirely with this. You should not raise any stronger with your better hands. You should be raising the same with all of your hands. Otherwise, people willl notice (even the fish at party will see you betting $2 with KK and $1.25 with ATs etc...).

The OP wants to narrow the field down. Well, as one of the above posters noted, use the 4xBB + 1BB per limper rule. This generally narrows down the field. Now, if no one folds, then just open for 5 or 6 x BB + 1 BB per limper. You should use this rule for no matter what hand you hold.

I love it when people raise small with marginal hands and big with good hands. It gaves away enough information that I know how to play almost perfectly.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are correct in everything you said, except: "even the fish will notice [when you are only betting your big hands strongly]. They really don't. They may fold, but it will be because they don't hold any Ace or suited cards. They will not fold because they fear you hold a strong hand. You should be making fish pay large ammounts preflop if you can.