View Single Post
Old 11-13-2005, 11:14 PM

Default Re: He called me a fish

[ QUOTE ]
Are you planning on showing down UI though? Because if he's betting a large percentage of this range on the river, the fact that we're ahead of king high or something is not very relevant if you're folding to a river bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

We will improve on a ton of rivers, and I do plan to call the river bet on some rivers that don't improve us. If the board makes a straight with a 5 then I plan to call. If a blank comes off that's not a diamond I plan to call. If I don't think he will fire that last barrel with a worse hand I can see folding, but really unless a diamond comes off I like seeing a showdown here agaisnt an aggressive player. The board is simply too ripe for semibluffing, and there are a million worse hands an aggro player would push hard that AT is ahead of.

Calling might be right on a diamond as well, I'm not sure.

My idea of "a weak TAG" may be a lot different than other people's, though. Some of the TAGs I play with are pretty weak IMO, but they definitely wouldn't have any trouble checkraising this flop with all of the hands I listed above, and following through with their semi-bluff all the way to the river. Depending on what they have, it makes sense to as I will be hardpressed to call a river bet with a queenhigh or kinghigh hand which I will often hold.