Old 12-27-2005, 04:37 AM

Default Re: ($11) TT in SB w/ stack issues

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Dude just shove

[/ QUOTE ]

Is it a shove at t1750?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah man..TT is a nice hand, but it's ridiculously vulnerable. You're almost always up against overcards when you play.

First thing I want to briefly address that there is no "10 BB rule." There's a guideline, but no rule. Sometimes you don't push when you have 8, sometimes you push when you have 13. So don't go "Oh I have over 12 BB, I can't push."

More importantly, when you raise less than all-in, you're not threatening his stack. Yeah against thinking opponents they know you're committed after the raise, so they recognize how much is at risk. But to these guys, they think they only risk however much they voluntarily put in. You make it too easy for them to play marginally-not-horrible. Call preflop, fold any flop that doesn't hit them, but any flop that does. You only luck out when they hit the flop and you set up. Anyway, if you shove your stack in his face preflop, he knows not to mess with you, and he knows what it costs him. If you lose to QJs or something..big deal. He made a retarded, retarded call. But the point is you forced him into making a big mistake for his entire stack, which is an awesome skill to have at these things. In fact, think of how you can force your opponents into bad situations where their stack is at risk, in any given hand in the tourney, and you'll pwn this ish.