View Single Post
Old 11-10-2005, 04:29 PM

Default First NL200 hand: Set on a monotone flop

Moved up to NL200 and was surprised to find villain at this table. He hurt me pretty bad on a couple of lucky hands at NL100. He's loose and stupid-aggressive (45/19/5 after 245 hands). I have notes on two weird hands he's played - one where he re-raised me PF with a small PP, and the other where he pushed all in on a 3-flush turn with MPNK and then told me "I knew you had thd flush."

A few hands previously I misplayed 98o in a blind war when I flopped TPNK and bet into his A8o on all 3 streets. I suspect this may have colored his thinking on this hand.

Stacks:
Hero - 256 (rebought and won a hand after my mistake)
CO - 259

Hero is SB w/ 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Preflop <font color="blue"> (6 players) </font>: UTG folds, MP folds, CO <font color="red"> raises to $8 </font>, Button folds, Hero calls, BB folds

($18) Flop <font color="blue"> (2 players) </font>: A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Hero checks, CO bets $12, Hero <font color="red"> raises to $40 </font>, CO calls

($98) Turn <font color="blue"> (2 players) </font>: 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Hero bets $75, CO <font color="red"> raises to $211 (all-in) </font>, Hero.......?

I'm getting 1.8:1 on this call. There's a pretty good chance I'm ahead here, and I have 10 outs to catch up if I'm behind.