View Single Post
Old 12-16-2005, 09:40 PM

Default Re: AA double suited that misses

I think this is a potbet on flop and hope to take it down. If not this is a c/f situation unless and A comes. The turn flush card makes things look nicer but there is a good chance ur dead to an A. I like trying to keep the pot small in these situations. If you are against a tricky-smart LAG I (1) dont like raising with this PF and (2) check behind. I dont like being the first raiser, unless its to steal the button with this kind of hand because you build pots with hands that dont do too well after flop. On to flop play. If smart-LAG is first to act after you, he might have to fold a non-2 hand because he isnt closing action with another player behind. A lot of time though, personally, when something like this happens i like to re (1/2-3/4) pot the initial raiser knowing that they cant call here. Or calling and then 1/2-3/4 potting on turn. I think that if you're called on this flop its time to shutdown (especially against non-tricky people). People tend to play PLO pretty straight up. Also, is this a full ring game or 6-handed?