View Single Post
Old 12-29-2005, 03:46 PM

Default Re: $10 MTT Party Poker 1st Hand - Right Call?

[ QUOTE ]
If you had folded KK in this spot it would have been criminal. Tough break, move on.

The real donk in this hand is the villian, he makes this move and only KK and QQ will probably call him. The vast majority of the time he picks up the blinds for a whopping win of T15 for his AA. Idiot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not that I disagree about the Villain's donk play, but it's a $10 Party MTT -- you're getting called by alot more than KK and QQ. As Focault rightly points out, I'm actually surprised when Villain has AA there. I'd expect all kinds of garbage from the Villain, and I assume most players would put Villain on a wide range as well.

I wouldn't be surpised to see someone call Villain's all-in push on the first hand with 99+, AQ+ and possibly much worse.

There's a reason why a the low-limit MTT mantra is 'value bet, value bet, value bet'; there's no shortage of people in the early stages of a Party MTT unable to laydown a pocket pair/AQ/JTs preflop -- in other words, Villain's push with AA isn't THAT bad, IMO, because he's going to get called with just as much garbage as we expect the villain to be pushing with.

Or, in other words, there's little to no gap concept present in the early levels of a low-limit MTT.