View Single Post
Old 12-14-2005, 06:59 PM

Default Results/Thoughts/a question

I folded and here's why:

I don't get why no one is concerned about him flopping a set. This is the exact line people take who have 1010,44,55. Of course the 2 didn't help him, but if I lead the turn and he c/raises me, then I'm still not sure if I'm behind. In other words, I'm controlling the pot (or trying to at least) so that I make my life easy while confusing him. However, this assumes that he'll bet the pot or value bet the river, rather than push. What worse hands is he pushing with hoping to get me to fold? He just joined the table, he doesn't have a read on me; how does he know he has any FE whatsoever?

I've just been experimenting with this lately. Just to add a little more reasoning:

I play TPTK hands the exact same way. But, and correct me if I'm wrong, this is good for shania. The reason being, I play flopped sets the same way sometimes, bluffs, 2 pair the same way, and thus, my opponents can't narrow my range that well. Do you all think that I'm missing value here? Is this a dumb experiment? Obviously the "it depends" is going to be an initial reaction, but just look at it as a general theory.

Lastly, I raise many hands preflop once I get a stack of 2+ buy-ins, and I make lots of continuation bets. So, that is part of the reason I've been experimenting with this.