View Single Post
Old 12-11-2005, 11:39 AM

Default Re: How to approach someone about their drinking problem (a bit long)

[ QUOTE ]
Is there some other daytime activity you could invite him to? Basically, all you can do is tactfully offer your support, and let him know its available if at some future point he decides he would like to change, because its highly unlikely your opinion alone will be well received, or even listened to at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm.. it's freezing here in nyc right now, so certainly nothing outside. during the week i'm busy at work, so not much then either. i could have him over to my place i guess, but i'm married and obviously i want to do this in private. i guess the thing to do would be to have my wife be gone for an afternoon (say at a friends house), and then talk to him then.

Still, I'm not sure how to even open this conversation. His siblings tell me that he's in total denial and gets very hostile when approached about this stuff. I have no problem rolling up my sleeves and getting my hands dirty, but i see no point in getting into a heated, bitter argument with him unless it will accomplish something.