View Single Post
Old 12-02-2005, 01:35 PM

Default Re: What do you limp?

[ QUOTE ]
If I recall correctly, you're 8-tabling the PS $27 turbos. (And, doing pretty well if the results from when I'm at your table are any indication.) Do you think your limping ranges are best in general, or best for someone who is 8-tabling and may not be able to pay as much attention as needed to individual games? And, this is mostly for EP play, right? You're not suggesting that you won't raise with AQ from late position if no one else has entered the pot, are you?

[/ QUOTE ]

I fold AQ in all positions (even first in on the button) in the first 2 levels. I fold AK to most raises in the first 2 levels. Heck sometimes I fold AKo if there are a lot of limpers. In later positions I call PP's down to 22 depending on how many limpers there are. The more limpers the lower the PP I'll call with. Basically my strategy in the first 2 levels is play for set value, overpair, or top pair top kicker.

Once level 3 comes around I loosen up a tiny bit, but not by limping. I raise AQ first in on the button now (woohoo!) and sometimes hands like AJ. I'll reraise more often with AK. I start raising my higher PP's, depending on how many players are left.

Once the blinds get to lvl 4 and higher, I never (ever) limp but I loosen up a ton as you probably know.

Now that's a lot tighter than optimal but I'm not confident in my post-flop play and I don't think the EV is very high from playing marginal hands the first couple levels.