View Single Post
Old 08-24-2005, 09:07 AM

Default Re: Try to get me to stay in school....

[ QUOTE ]
well, after reading over everyones posts and talking to my mother, who has talked to my dad and already said he is fine with whatever I do, I think I have decided to basically drop out. The only thing a degree would fo for me is get me a 50k/year job one day if internet poker falls through. Honestly, I have no desire to work a full time job. I worked a 10/hr job from when I was 16 til I was 19 and I know I dont want to do that for the rest of my life. I want freedom to do whatever I want whenever I want. My mother said that she didnt want me to quit, as most normal successful people get finish college and work 9/5 for the rest of their lives, but she said she would have quit long ago if she was in my shoes. My mother is a teacher, btw. As for giving up a full scholarship, saddly, money isnt that important to me right now. I would have no problem paying the $1200/semester or whatever it is if I had to.

That all being said...here is my gameplan for the next few years...I am going to learn to play limit VERY well...this will be my schooling. I will ideally run up about 1 mil in the next 5 years or so before the internet goes down, if it ever does. With the 1 mil, I should be able to play b&m at a fairly high level and make it from there, if I must. If for some reason I see b&m isnt for me, I "think" I could go back and finish my degree and work a normal life. If I dont want to do that, I could invest my 1 mil and life off that. anyone see any problems with this? I would like to thank everyone for their help so far. I greatly appreciate it.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are taking the easy way out and rationalizing it when all it boils down to is that you are too lazy. I know, I have been there.

You will come to regret this decision many times in your life, although at 20 years old I guess there is just no way for you to see it. I will give very good odds on this bet.

Good luck.