View Single Post
Old 08-24-2005, 09:04 AM

Default Re: Try to get me to stay in school....

well, after reading over everyones posts and talking to my mother, who has talked to my dad and already said he is fine with whatever I do, I think I have decided to basically drop out. The only thing a degree would fo for me is get me a 50k/year job one day if internet poker falls through. Honestly, I have no desire to work a full time job. I worked a 10/hr job from when I was 16 til I was 19 and I know I dont want to do that for the rest of my life. I want freedom to do whatever I want whenever I want. My mother said that she didnt want me to quit, as most normal successful people get finish college and work 9/5 for the rest of their lives, but she said she would have quit long ago if she was in my shoes. My mother is a teacher, btw. As for giving up a full scholarship, saddly, money isnt that important to me right now. I would have no problem paying the $1200/semester or whatever it is if I had to.

That all being said...here is my gameplan for the next few years...I am going to learn to play limit VERY well...this will be my schooling. I will ideally run up about 1 mil in the next 5 years or so before the internet goes down, if it ever does. With the 1 mil, I should be able to play b&m at a fairly high level and make it from there, if I must. If for some reason I see b&m isnt for me, I "think" I could go back and finish my degree and work a normal life. If I dont want to do that, I could invest my 1 mil and life off that. anyone see any problems with this? I would like to thank everyone for their help so far. I greatly appreciate it.