Thread: Motivation
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2005, 01:07 AM

Default Re: Motivation

[ QUOTE ]
hey man, I'm having your same problem. It's even worse for me cause I dropped out of school to play for a living. My "goal" is to make $2K a week, but that's so easy, that I play 3 times a week for 4 hours and hit. But when I raise my goal to say 6K a week, I have a hard week, make 2-3K and then I just get unmotivated and drop my goal again. I don't know man, if you find a good answer hit me up. On a side note, how long do you think internet poker is goign to continue to be "easy" I'm not sure, hopefully we have a good 5 years left.

[/ QUOTE ]

Personally I go through periods of time when I hate poker and would rather do something else. Oftentimes I'll make enough money for a week in a few hours and then just sort of find other things to do the rest of the week, even though I know this is wrong. After the initial poker obsession phase (which for me was like 6 years ago) it's hard to play for 12 hours straight on the internet. In live games I can get in a lot more hours, but those are less profitable.

I have an addition to the family coming and that seems to have helped motivate me, so you might want to try having some kids. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

As for poker, I don't think it's going anywhere for a while. It's possible that online poker will fizzle someday, but just look at the prize pools for the online tournaments-they keep getting bigger and bigger.