View Single Post
Old 08-02-2005, 12:27 PM

Default Re: This is when you apply the squeeze play.

Well in Doyle Brunson's book he talks about this situation, about trying to catch something if a player is playing kings and aces and doesn't raise and you have a suited connector. He recommends just calling which is actually the play I would make. Possibly catch something then push, how if he is dead set on raising then 1500 is a nice number b/c its bigger than the pot but still not too much to where if he gets raised he can lay down the hand and still be in the tournament. I understand stealing blinds is important and with people not defending the blinds you can try to steal but going all in with 76s is not a good way to make a living. Of course he didn't want to be called, but I'd doubt few hands would call his 1500 and not his all-in. 76s is a hand I want to see a flop with. Then I can break somebody especially with a big pair and what appears to be rags on the flop. You may think I'm a newbie but I still understand the game or poker. I also understand that guys with smaller chip stacks shouldn't bluff at pots b/c when they do they don't have the chips to force the ace 6 and other bad hands out. So please if you still think I'm wrong...tell me where...because I'm all about getting better and if you think I'm wrong then please show me why.