View Single Post
Old 02-26-2005, 12:03 AM

Default Question for forum - a hand from a live multi-table

Hi

Perhaps this belongs on B&M forum but most of my reading is done here so forgive me if it's misplaced.

A hand from a game earlier this evening in our local poker club - it was a $200 buy-in with 1 £200 rebuy ( a bigger game than normal). We are down to 12 left and blinds are 1k/2k (or .75/1.5 - not 100% sure), I have 5k left after posting blinds, 4 were getting paid (it was originally going to be a winner take all satellite for vegas trip but not enough entries) and 5 get points in our league (winner of which will get paid entry to WSOP next year - 2006).

Anyway, I'm in BB with 99. UTG+1 moves all-in for approx 3.5k, MP comes over top all-in for another 1.5k. Button then moves in over the top for another 1k.

Players reads would be as follows - 1st player was all-in and I'm almost sure he didn't even pay much attention to his hand, 2 has been playing reasonable hands but will overplay a good but not top notch ace and player 3 is the tightest of all.

Do you call just about all-in here believing you're behind, for the chance to set you up as a strong chip contender for final table or get knocked out if u miss or do u pass and wait?

Many thanks - interested in more than a pass/call answer but more detailed thoughts.

stoneii