View Single Post
Old 06-12-2005, 07:00 AM

Default A extension of this idea...

As I thought longer about this, I thought of another way in which this could be useful to cleaning up the clutter. When someone posts a thread which is otherwise not very useful whether because it is an overly simplistic hand post or stat post or just because it is complaining about a bad beat or funny situation, I propose we take this course of action.

First:
Give a short answer to the person's question such as
"fold because the pot odds are not favorable"

Then:
Give them this or something similar to it-
"This sort of [hand/post] would be more suitable to talk about with one other person. Here is a list of posters on AIM"

or

"Please try to help in cleaning up the forums. Talk to people on AIM first."

Then just let the thread die.

DON'T spam this into every thread you don't enjoy or find immediatly interesting. This is to be used sparingly in the threads that are serving merely as clutter because they are so overly simplistic, redundant, whiny ect. I plan on doing this from now on to try and help and if enough people do it I believe it will catch on enough that people will be networked so they won't have to post more useless stuff. Then we may have a forum better suited for more intense discussion of difficult situations and topics.

Idealistic? Probably, but worth a shot nonetheless. All comments/critiques welcome.