View Single Post
Old 12-27-2005, 07:22 PM

Default Re: 5/10: Weird hand I iso raise QT hit an iffy river

[ QUOTE ]
The generally accepted [starting hand chart] one around here is MEbenhoe's: it avocates a limp

[/ QUOTE ]
== Hmm, I was using mantasms from MEbenoues thread and I thought it was the same. I'm going to look at that closer.
[ QUOTE ]
...but that's beside the point. I raised because the blinds were tight and an unknown (basically) open limped in the CO. This is going to be HU a lot, and CO is going to have a worse hand a lot. Plus I'll have position on him. I really wouldn't even consider folding here unless I've seem CO limp in this spot with Ax or KT or something.

[/ QUOTE ]
== OK. I see.

[ QUOTE ]
FLOP<u>Use Your Position</u> you can often win the hand right here. You probably have the best hand anyway or are second best only to a King which will be hard pressed to call a bet from you.

[/ QUOTE ]That is wrong. If a TAGish player 3-bets me, I almost always have the worst hand with QT. There are really only 3 reasons he would check here. -He has a mid-high PP and has decided I'm the type to bluff at it all the way to the river with nothing or he wants to CR and force CO out -He has a monster like AA or AK and is afraid of scaring me out. -He's a post flop pussy and he's checking KQ, KJ, QJs. The first too are far more likely then the third, IMO.

== I see. I think I overlooked the significance of SB's 3Bet.

[ QUOTE ]
<u>Get Better Hands to Fold</u> such as any five, six, 77, 88, 99.

[/ QUOTE ] He's not folding 77-99 very often and he's not 3-betting any hands with a 5 or a 6 and if he was they'd be 66,55,A6,A5.

= OK. Right

[ QUOTE ]
<u>Don't Give a Free Card</u>

[/ QUOTE ]But I want a free card. My hand sucks but I have a couple of BD draws.

= Considering above, taking free card makes sense to me now.

[ QUOTE ]
<u>Clean up Your Outs</u>
The King [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] might correctly (edit: if you had an ace here) fold here, cleaning up your 8 Backdoor Flush outs.

[/ QUOTE ] The parlay there is very small.

[ QUOTE ]
Any KQ or QJ might correctly (edit: if you had an ace) fold here, cleaning up up to six of your Q and T outs.

[/ QUOTE ]Sure, but he has other things far more then those.

= OK

[ QUOTE ]
<u>Set Yourself Up to Take it Down on the Turn</u> If betting doesn't win the pot for you on the flop, it may set you up to take it down on the turn. The [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] that came sets you up to make a semi-bluff.

[/ QUOTE ]Betting the turn after betting the flop and getting called is very spewy and a money loser. He's folding to the turn bet even less then the flop bet. If he called the flop, he's seeing SD, IMO.

== Often people will peel on the flop but fold on the turn bet, but I guess your saying on this board many hands might have hit or improved their draw or a PP bigger than 77 would look even better now. OK.