View Single Post
Old 12-20-2005, 05:36 AM

Default Re: This Ought To Get Some Replies

[ QUOTE ]
The point I was making is that even the elite of that race who attend university or are wealty don't excel in society. There are very, very few great CEOs, lawyers, writers, artists, politicians, scientists, nobel prize winners (lol), journalists, etc etc who are from that race.

[/ QUOTE ]
If you make the standard high enough, there are very few "greats" of any race. You said their elites don't excel. Assuming we're talking about Blacks/Africans, they obviously do excel. You can argue if you want about how much they excel relative to whites or Asians, but to say their elites don't excel is obviously false. How, please tell me, do they become wealthy by not excelling somewhere along the line?

Since this is a poker site, do Phil Ivey and David Williams excel at poker or not?

[ QUOTE ]
Though they have made a notable contribution to bling bling gansta rap (girls in skimpy clothing and shiny man-jewellery, anyone?). I guess that could be considered art.

[/ QUOTE ]
If you think that this is the limit of their contribution I don't think you're looking very hard at all. The idea that you can bring up modern music and not mention Jazz and Blues ... ahh, why waste my time.