View Single Post
Old 10-04-2005, 08:48 AM

Default Re: The letter of the law, and the spirit of the law.

[ QUOTE ]
I saw his original post about letter vs. spirit of the law and don't think he knows what letter vs. spirit of the law means.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was the original point of this thread. The other thread was stickied for a while and therefore could not be replied to. I didn't believe that it was locked to prevent further replies.

[ QUOTE ]
Your post uses law instead of contract and there is a huge difference. You are right, the contract does forbid rakeback, but if Empire doesn't enforce it, then it won't be enforced. Anyone else's opinion (with the possible exception of PartyPoker) on what the contract allows and doesn't allow and whether any particular clause should or shouldn't be enforced is irrelevant.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are correct. The reason I was posting was simply to let people know it was against the T+C so that should Empire suddenly change direction, then those people would have no recourse.

I have also tried to let this all die down because the people who run this forum are at least known to be people who pay what they say they will, and although I was not going to let a rakeback forum start without stating my piece, I was (and still am) happy to let it drop once I had said it as a paid forum that I choose to enter is infinitely better than unpaid spam that I don't choose to open.

Lori