View Single Post
Old 12-12-2005, 01:00 PM

Default Re: Which Star Wars Character was the best?

Me and my friends had this exact same debate over Thai a few weeks ago. We didnt qualify it as the best, but rather the most powerful Jedi. Yoda is awesome, but clearly not the strongest as Emporer Palpatine p3wns him hardcore. However, transitvely, Palpatine p3wns Luke, so it cant be Luke.

So Vader kills Palpatine, so it looks like Vader is the winner? But wait, here is where the debate began.

I said Obi-Wan was the most powerful, as he trained Anakin AND Luke, killed Maul, and royally [censored] up Anakin Skywalker.

However, when Obi-Wan faught Vader in Star Wars 4, he "lost". But did he? There are two interpretaions of Obi-Wan's capitulation. A fight with Vader would be long and drawn out, and Obi-Wan had to help Luke escape ASAP, so he decided to die and use his force talk from the grave powers. If he wanted to, he could p3wn Vader just like he p3wned Anakin.

My friend countered that no one can [censored] with Vader, he has too much hate and anger, and we all know the Dark Side is more powerful. He thinks Vader woulda destroyed Obi-Wan in the Jedi duel and Obi-Wan knew this, and expidited the process so that he could aid Luke in his escape.

What do YOU think?