Thread: College Advice.
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2005, 05:56 PM

Default Re: College Advice.

[ QUOTE ]
This is not a difficult choice. Drop the math class. It will surely save you money in the long run; even if you have to pay for that one class later on because you need to go an extra semester, you won't have to pay for ALL of your classes.

-Michael

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I'm going to do. As well as going to 100% of my classes 100% of the time now. I am going to take 3-6 hours of courses over Maymester so that will help me get a few of those core courses behind me. If I happen to lose the scholarship I will just get as many student loans as I need and deal with them later in life. Finishing college with loans is still +EV compared to not finishing IMO. Worst comes to worst I'm going to transfer to the 2-year college here in town and finish my core their, then transfer back to GCSU to finish my major curriculum.

I'm going to continue playing poker and posting here on 2+2 because poker is something I would like to do as part of my income in the future (on the side, not pro) and I want to improve as much as I can. I'll try to ease up on the boards a little bit I guess.

*EDIT* Edge, I know. I'm going to try to slow down on the poker because it is taxing on my life, and not just school. I know I'm addicted to it, but I can't quit cold turkey and I would like to keep playing later in my life. But just not as much so. I'm working on cutting down my hours per day. I've gone from about 6-10 to 2-4 now in the last few weeks. Oh, and don't suggest GA.

Thanks for everyone's advice (even the dickhead advice which was taken with a grain of salt). I'll try my best to not [censored] up anymore, keep my scholarship, and graduate semi-on time.

[ QUOTE ]
drink beer

[/ QUOTE ]
Can't. I'm an alcoholic and I've been dry for about 3 months. Besides, I prefer liquor.