Thread: College Advice.
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2005, 05:51 PM

Default Re: College Advice.

Caruso,

Since you showed a little planning at least in your previous reply to me, I'm gonna have to say it one more time. Jeff may come off like a dick, but he's right.

Think of it in poker terms. The EV of getting better at poker (in addition to only being short term) is MUCH lower than the EV of straightening out your college stuff. Plus, once you get back on track, you'll have a lot more fun with your entire life, because you won't have to worry about your grades while you're playing/posting (which apparently you do, at least a little).

Then again, if you fail out, you'll have plenty of time to play and post.

Just get it done - everybody here that's replied in a serious way knows what they're talking about. They've either been there or in some cases are there (like me - school comes first right now). I suggest removing all poker programs from your computer for at least the next month - I know how it seems, but you're a second semester frosh, how many costs could you have? You'll have money for ramen and laundry. Get your classes taken care of, and do whatever it takes to keep your GPA up. Gonna be tough, but sometimes you have to make the tough calls. There'll be plenty of soft games for you to play when you get back.

Good luck.