View Single Post
Old 10-13-2005, 10:24 AM

Default Re: Another Boring Stats Post

[ QUOTE ]
The thing that jumps out at me is the win rate you have in level 1 is way way below mine. I am on a new computer and don't have my PT stats but I know that my level 1 win rate is a lot higher than what yours is. If these were my stats I would investigate my strategy in level 1. There are usually 1 or 2 guys just trying their hardest to give away chips, get some.

[/ QUOTE ]I'm struggling with this. The advice in this forum is generally to be very conservatively in the early levels which doesn't leave one well placed to take advantage of the guys who are trying to give their chips away.

A while back, on the first hand of a SNG there were two decent sized raises in front of me, I held KK and pushed. The one call I got was from someone with K6o. Everybody has seen early all-in confrontations that left you shaking your head: "How could he call, I had those hands beat?" But, if you loosen your calling requirements, you'll inevitably run into a great hand, or an outdraw, and be first out.

I guess the question is: how many early double ups do you need to compensate for the early exit? And, for those playig lots of tables: can you afford to spend the time on these matters when you can get a decent ROI just by surviving to the later levels?

(Yes, I realize that it's not just the early all-ins, but similar questions apply to the times when you might be risking 1/3-1/2 your stack in the very early going.)