View Single Post
Old 08-27-2005, 05:04 AM

Default Re: How do I put in more hours/week. (Long/Introspective)

[ QUOTE ]
Sometimes the only way you can get yourself to play more hours is to just do it. This past week I averaged 10 hours a day 4-tabling... completely on autopilot... while watching TV... posting on 2+2... and reading The Intelligent Investor...

If I played 10 hours straight paying complete attention to the tables I'd go crazy.

[/ QUOTE ]

This may sound stupid but in April my winrate started suffering, I just thought I was going through a downswing, etc, etc. Anyway I was thinking about it last week and realized that was about the time I got my laptop and wireless router. I started playing in the living room instead of the computer room, watching tv and dealing with the kids, etc.

So this week it was back to no tv and alot more focusing
on my game while I am playing, so far this week is the best I have had in a few months and I am sticking to the computer room for now on.

Oh yeah, I also discovered the blackhole of 2+2, oot. Its kinda like having to slow down to see a car wreck. I quit wasting my time there and started spending more time in the strategy forums.