View Single Post
Old 09-25-2002, 07:02 PM

Default Re: Playing AA against three blind hands

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Tight/passive table. Usually, there are three seeing the flop for two bets.

First of all, I don't think this is very passive. Are these good raises or garbage rasies preflop?

[/ QUOTE ]

First in usually raised and usually would get a caller or maybe both blinds, there was little limping pre-flop. Action post flop was non-existent unless BB or I were in the pot. A few hands were checked to the river. This was, I think, the only time betting was capped on any round all night--bet, call or check, check was common.

I think you are right about the inviting shots, but at this table that might have been a good thing.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
I just don't see the logic behind capping the flop and folding on the turn for 1 bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

After the flop and unusual action, I planned on check/folding unless I got an ace. I would have planned on calling down if the SB hadn't cold-called on the flop twice. I'm 99% sure I would have folded if I called the BB and the SB raised the turn, so I figured I'm saving that one bet. When the SB folds behind me, I started thinking "What the hell am I thinking?" Agreed, not much logic in that play.

Thanks for the input everyone. Playing big pairs against multiple opponents gives me fits sometimes.