View Single Post
Old 12-21-2005, 10:37 AM

Default Anyone want to write this application?? -- Me love you long time...

It's for dataminers.

Here's the problem: the auto-import feature in PT contains a filtering feature that lets you tell it to ONLY import hands with between x and y players for Party HHs. But the problem is that there's ONLY this feature for Party HHs and not for any of the other clients I mine.

So -- as I am guessing is probably what you've discovered for yourself -- the solution is, for example, to take 1,000 UB HHs, import them into a "dumping" DB, then use the EXPORT feature to, for example, export all UB hands with between 8 and 10 players to a folder, and then RE-import these 'streamlined' HHs into your functional DBs.

So yesterday, I thought of a great program: a stand-alone application that you could quickly dump a whole bunch of HHs into (from UB, Pacific, FTP, Stars, Prima, whatever -- any site other than Party really, it could be used for ALL HHS not just mined hands), and it would automatically spit out 'streamlined' text files with ONLY those HHs that fit the # of players criteria that the user would specify. That would prevent us from doing the whole import/export/RE-import runaround.

This can't be that hard to write...what do you think?