View Single Post
Old 10-10-2004, 09:50 PM

Default the EV of judgment

I really like that phrasing: "the EV of your judgment." Looking for new analytic methods like the one you introduced is surely great for that.

We MOST care about improving our judgment of EV in specific instances -- and I totally admit that improving our judgment of the EV of our judgment (!) is a valid & sometimes useful way to improve that.

It may well be that this method you've introduced is fairly useful for your limit games; I do know that it can't possibly be even one of the 1,000 most useful such analytic methods for my games. (And, no, I don't think I've actually reached 1,000 such methods yet!)

The ultimate best long-term measure of the EV of your judgment, of course, is your BB/hand in each specific seat position or filterable situation. When you don't have a ton of hands yet at your current style&level, though, it's certainly useful to look at a lot of ultimately correlated more specific indices.

On intuition, your Ed Miller quote is terrific. I still find I need to keep it (or the equivalent) in mind when I play limit.