Thread: Oh boy
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2005, 06:24 AM

Default Re: Oh boy

Given your relative postion on the flop to the preflop 3 bettor, I would lead out here. I dont like checkraising for obvious reasons, and I dont like check-calling becuz I like to be in control when I have a monster. So I would bet out and if the UTG+1 called and the spazztard raised, I would just call to let the UTG+1 draw dead, and then I would donkbet the turn with the intetion of 3 betting it.

If I bet out the flop and the UTG+1 raised and the spazztard cold called I would just 3 bet the flop and lead the turn.

If I bet out the flop and the UTG+1 raised and the Spazztard reraised I would just call to let the UTG+1 draw dead and donk/3bet the turn.

TURN: I like everything here.

RIVER: Assuming someone is still here, I like check calling here. This pot is huge, so you cant bet/fold. It is extremely likely that your hand is dead. I know if you check you put yourself in a situation where a better hand will always bet and a lesser hand may always check, whereas if you bet you sometimes pick up a call from a hand like AA that wouldved checked the river. But if you are against the Spazz guy, he actually may still bet hands you can beat. So I like check/calling here. Its either check/call or bet/call, those are you only two strategic choices. I prefer the former becuz I feel that the probability of your hand being dead is high enough where I would rather save a bet by check/calling.